Thursday 15 January 2009

'Scuse me sir, but where were you on the night of the 10th?

Every year, British Waterways conducts an annual check of all the boats on the canals and rivers that it controls so that it knows how many there are and how many of them have paid their licence fees. There are over 30,000 boats, so its not surprising that they sometimes miss a few! This year, they missed "Starcross" so I received a letter asking, politely, where the boat had been during the check, which was undertaken between 10th and 21st November. I think the reason for asking for the information is more to check on the accuracy and robustness of their survey than any accusation that I've been doing something wrong - after all, they know that I have a valid licence - so I don't mind telling them (and you).

Here's the answer:


She was hiding in the paint dock at Norton Canes!

1 comment:

Brian and Diana on NB Harnser said...

Ref your letter from BW, you were not alone. You mat care to look at the thread about this on the Ownerships Forum.
Brian
nbharnser.blogspot.com