Tuesday 7 September 2010

That Lighting Problem - Solved!

This is the interior of Starcross' cabin (excuse the mess), seen just after I'd fitted a new lamp from Baddie the Pirate. Previous attempts to replace my old power-hungry and inefficient 12v "bus bulbs" with more modern LED lamps had proved a disappointment, so when "Baddie" told me she had a new product available that might do the job I was keen to give it a try. It consists of an 18 SMD (Surface Mounted Diode) "bulb" which when coupled with an adaptor  allows it to be used in my existing B-22 lamp fittings.  It's been a great success, giving out at least 95% of the light of the bus bulbs with that lighting having 95% of the "warmth" of the old filament bulbs. Crucially, for me, unlike other products I've tried it causes no radio interference whatsoever.
In the photo above you can see the new lamp on one side of the cabin and an old "bus bulb" on the other and to me at least its only just discernable which is which.
So, well done, "Baddie the Pirate", with whom, I must stress, I have no connection other than a very satisfied customer.

No comments: