Thursday 5 May 2011

Buying a house at Gnosall

Mark and Mandy could spare three days from their busy schedule so from Kinver we carried on along the Staffs & Worcester towards Autherley Junction and the Shroppie. This involved another passage of Bratch locks of course and, once again I was surprised not to have to wait at all, being granted entrance to the bottom lock as soon as we arrived. I always seem to be steering at the Bratch and one day I'll get some decent photos - but for now here is a shot of the top lock taken from the middle one.
The Bratch
After an overnight stop at Compton (of which more in the next post) we were heading back to Gnosall, where our guests had to leave for the bus to Stafford station when I got a phone call from our solicitor to say that he had exchanged contracts on our new house at Lancaster - the first time I've ever bought a house on a boat although we did sell our previous house from a train!

No comments: