|Thumbs up for Lancaster|
Before moving to the graveyard of ambition I lived in Bolton, Preston, Carlisle and Salford and I've been waiting to get back to the North-West for quite a while. So, what does Lancaster have that Hereford doesn't? Here's what I've noticed so far:
- Proper pubs with landlords who know how to look after the beer.
- Houses built from stone.
- Buses that run four times an hour, not four times a day (or week!)
- Shop assistants who call you "luv"
- Cycle lanes that are all linked up and don't disappear when you most need them.
- And, of course, Navigable water in the form of the Lancaster Canal.
Starcross will be staying at Norbury Junction though, at least for the foreseeable future: I don't fancy doing the Ribble Link every time I want to go anywhere, but I'm going to have my hands full getting the new house how we want it so I may not have too much to post about for a while.