Monday 22 August 2011

Canal Therapy

One of the advantages of living in Lancaster, rather than Hereford, is that I no longer feel cut off from the waterways network. In Hereford the nearest navigable water was 28 miles away in Worcester whereas in Lancaster I cross the Lancaster Canal every time I walk into town.
I suppose some would say that the Lancaster is still "semi-detached" from the main network with access only possible via the tidal Ribble Link, with all the restrictions that brings, but it certainly doesn't feel that way to me and the therapy of seeing boats on the city centre moorings almost every day is doing wonders for me given that I can't find the time to get down to my own boat much this summer due to the continuing work in progress on the new house. This afternoon I took my camera with me on the way to the shops. The scene recorded is an everyday one, but the fact that I can see it everyday means a lot to me!

No comments: