Thursday 10 May 2012

Cropredy Preview

Fairport Convention - not as I remember them!
I won't be going to Cropredy this year. In fact, I've never been - but I'll get there one year. This year, however, I don't need to go because last night I saw Fairport Convention - in Morecambe where they were performing at "The Platform" - a venue created out of the old Promenade railway station.


They played a blend of old favourites and newer material, as most bands of this era that are still going tend to do, but for those of us who are old enough to remember their music when it was new, numbers such as "Matty Groves" and "Fotheringhay" took us back in time to the 1970s (I can remember the 1960's too, so I obviously wasn't there).


The band's line up has changed regularly over the years but I'm afraid to say they'll never be the same without female vocalist, Sandy Denny

No comments: