Sunday 14 April 2013

Scenes from the Past

Last summer I enjoyed a weekend doing the BCN Marathon Challenge on working boat "Collingwood" in the  company of, amongst others, Ian and Karen from "Tacet" and James and Amy, then on "Lucky Duck" now "Willow"

So, having come across this slide of Collingwood, then operated by the Birmingham & Midland Canal Carrying Company that I took in Gas Street Basin in January 1979 I thought I'd share it with you.

Also taken on that day was this shot that I'm sure will look familiar to some of you but you might not be able to place it exactly
It's taken from Old Turn, near where the Sea Life Centre now is - that's the start of the Oozells Street Loop on the left!

Not quite so much change at the top of Farmer's Bridge Locks

The slide-scanning project goes on (and on, and on. . . . )

No comments: