Monday 28 April 2014

Lunch

A busy day in Lancaster today.  First the doctor's, then to the bank followed by the library and a bit of shopping. That took up most of the morning and as it was such a lovely sunny Spring day instead of heading straight home I bought a lunchtime sandwich and took it down to the wharf to eat. This was the view from my seat.
There wasn't much moving, just the green boat on the opposite bank, which had made the hazardous 100-metre journey from the water point back to its spot on the "visitor" moorings. The green awning is outside the Water Witch, the second of Lancaster's canalside pubs.

Although I'm not seriously looking for a replacement for "Starcross" just yet, I am keeping one eye open, so to speak. So I couldn't help noticing that I was sat opposite a boat "for sale" and at a bargain price too!
But somehow I don't think it's for me.

No comments: