Thursday 7 August 2014

Jubilee Day

I'm sitting in the Hare & Hounds,  Manchester with a pint of my favourite Holt 's bitter waiting for the train home after a wonderful day's boating. Jan and John (aka Halfie) very kindly agreed to let me join them for a day taking Jubilee up the Rochdale Canal from Piccadilly to the Rose of Lancaster at Chadderton.
Halfie will no doubt blog about our trip (sorry I don't know how to post a link using Blogger on my phone) Edited to say: He has now, and as I'm back home with the steam-powered laptop here's the link,  so I won't say any more except a very big thank you for an excellent day's boating,  being made to feel very welcome and being well fed and watered. What more could a boatman without a boat want?!
They've  even invited me to come again!

No comments: