Sunday 24 June 2018

The County Town Tour

 This year I planned to follow up my bus trip Around the Edge of England with a similar one visiting all the historic counties of England (as shown on the map, left) and all the county towns.

After getting off to a good start in March by visiting Lancashire, Westmorland and Cumberland I have been unable to make any progress since. But the issues that were preventing progress having been at least temporarily resolved I am now off to visit the next  four counties on the route: Northumberland, Durham, Yorkshire and Lincolnshire, starting tomorrow.

I'll be posting in my blog Around the County Towns to tell you how I get on, but probably not until I get back.


Delay Repay
Meanwhile Northern Rail (see previous posts, various) has now failed in its promise to send me a cheque (for 55p!) for my delayed journey back in March. I'll follow it up when I get back, but in any case the cheque will be returned with a request for the free ticket I actually opted for and which would have come in handy to get me back to Lancaster from Lincoln next Friday. At least I have managed, by rebooking at Sheffield, to get a ticket for that at less than half the through fare and which also gives me First Class travel from Sheffield!

No comments: