Sunday 29 July 2018

Starcross is for Sale (Again)

Starcross, as advertised on Apollo Duck
When I sold Starcross in 2014 it was bought by a young couple, Chris and Jess, who wanted somewhere to live in London. Unlike many such liveaboards they had an interest in boats, with Chris being active in the Thames Sailing Barge Trust so I knew that she would be well cared for.

Starcross needed a bit of work doing to it, which was one reason why I sold her, but Chris and Jess have also done a lot more in order to create a comfortable home. Towards the end of my ownership I'd become very aware that a complete re-fit was necessary and this has been done, although the end result makes her much more of a liveaboard than a cruising boat. 

I saw the results of their efforts last year when I visited them on the Regent's Canal and I was so impressed that I asked for first refusal if they ever came to sell.  Well, that time has now come and, true to their word, they have offered me a chance to buy.  I must admit that I was tempted, but times have moved on for me as well as for Chris and Jess and I've reluctantly come to the conclusion that whilst I wouldn't entirely rule out buying another boat, taking ownership of Starcross again would be a bit too much "back to the future" for me, even though I wouldn't have to repaint her to proclaim my ownership!

Starcross is therefore now offered for sale on Apollo Duck.  I think it's fair to say that the asking price is best described as "London Pricing" but I'm sure it's negotiable and it doubtless reflects the many improvements and enhancements that have been done in the last four years.

No comments: