Friday 19 July 2019

Two Signs

Like most people I imagine, I don't make a habit of taking photographs in public toilets (!), but the gents at Chelmsley Wood bus station was otherwise unoccupied when I paid a necessary visit recently and I couldn't resist:




It's not just the misspelling, or even the fact that someone has obviously found it necessary to correct it, but my theory of signage is that signs which prohibit an activity are only put up where the activity in question has been taking place.  Maybe I've led a sheltered life. If I have, no doubt someone more worldly-wise than me will leave a comment to explain!

I was in Chelmsley Wood on the latest leg of my bus trip Around the County Towns of England and spent a whole twenty minutes there (not all of them in the gents). The day's ride ended in Warwick where I found this sign on the methodist church door even more baffling!



No comments: