Friday 17 January 2014

The Beginning of the End

Boatyard contacted, dates agreed, crew arranged . . .for Starcross' last run (in my ownership) to Norbury Junction where the great sales team (I hope) at Norbury Wharf  will place her on brokerage.

In the first week of February (weather permitting) Hilary and I will take her from Uplands Basin to Nantwich, where Hil will have to leave to go back to work, but where I'll be joined by a couple of Starcross' stalwart "occasionals", Hugh and Martin to take her on to Norbury.

Of course, that won't be quite the end. I'm under no illusions as to how long it can take to sell a boat, even a bargain like Starcross, and in many ways am looking forward to a few short stays on board at Norbury Wharf from time to time until a buyer is found.

Of course, whilst I am there I might just have a look to see if they have a possible replacement. . .

No comments: