Wednesday 21 May 2014

Back on the Cut (again)

From Swansea I went straight to Leicester (well,  via Birmingham obviously) to join Bernard on his little 1976 "Minden" cruiser that he keeps at Pillings Lock, where it appears the access issues between the marina owners and CRT have been resolved.
Bernard is taking "Sunshine " out for the summer and heading down to London and perhaps the Kennet and Avon. His wife Kris will be joining him shortly but in the meantime I said I'd give him a hand to get started.
From Pillings we headed firstly to Loughborough, where Bernard did an oil change in the Basin (no,  I don't know why either), before heading off down the Soar to Trent Lock, where we tied up for the night at the start of the Cranford Cut.
Unfortunately, as I haven't mastered the art of either taking photos on my phone or getting them off the phone to the blog using Blogger 's Android App there won't be any photos but I'll let you know if anything interesting happens,  or even if it doesn't.

No comments: